MP3 Decoder & Encoder
MP3, also known as MPEG-1/MPEG-2 Audio Layer 3, is a popular digital audio encoding and lossy compression format standardized by Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG). Three layers (layer 1, 2, 3) are supported based on the complexity, compression and quality. Layer 3 offers the highest compression for a given audio fidelity.
MPEG-2 Audio standard adds two extensions to MPEG-1:
- forward and backwards compatible coding of multichannel signals
- addition of lower sampling frequencies of 16 kHz, 22.05 kHz and24 kHz to the sampling frequencies supported by MPEG-1.
SPIRIT MP3 Decoder supports MPEG 1, 2 Audio Layers I, II and III standards and their low bit rate extension MPEG 2.5. Smart algorithmic solutions allow decreasing CPU load and memory footprint. Carefully optimized ARM9E version fully utilizes the ARM DSP instruction set extension, achieving 25% more efficiency as compared with dual-MAC 16-bit DSPs and performing real-time audio decoding at just 7.5* MHz clock speed.
- Low CPU load (as little as 7.5* MHz)
- Low memory requirements (12.3 Kb RAM + 24-27 Kb ROM)
- Fully compliant to the MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 layers I, II and III standards and their low bit rate extension MPEG 2.5
- All MP3 features supported, including VBR
- Decoding accuracy almost the same as for floating-point version
- Extremely high robustness to damaged MP3 bit streams
- Simple API
- TI C5xx version is eXpressDSP compliant. Code is reentrant, supports multithreading and dynamic memory allocation. At the same time allows direct (non-eXpressDSP) interface to enable static memory allocation
SPIRIT MP3 Encoder supports MPEG 1, 2 Audio Layer III standards and their low bit rate extension MPEG 2.5. It can be effectively used in such applications as portable audio systems, wireless communications, car audio systems, set-top boxes, Internet appliances and PDAs.
- Low CPU load (as little as 20 MHz peak load)
- Low memory requirements
- Highest objective encoding quality scores
- MPEG 1 / 2 / 2.5 LAYER III, compliant to ISO MPEG standards
- Supports bitrates from 8 Kb/s up to 320 Kb/s
- or 2-channel modes are supported
To integrate MP3 Decoder & Encoder into your video conferencing application or service please send us a request at email@example.com[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]