SPIRIT DSP Announces VideoMost.com 2.0 — a White-Label Web Videoconferencing Product for SaaS Providers and Enterprises
MOSCOW, Russia – June 13, 2012 – SPIRIT DSP, the world’s top voice and video over IP engines provider, announced today the next version of its multipoint videoconferencing software for telecom operators, hosted service providers and enterprises, VideoMost.com 2.0. VideoMost is an HD quality, massively multipoint web videoconferencing software-only product, enabling service providers and enterprises to deliver a self-branded videoconferencing service from the cloud or with on-premise installation. The product combines state-of-the-art videoconferencing technology with business collaboration tools, such as conference moderation and management, screen and file sharing, broadcasting, ability to connect SIP endpoints (such as legacy Polycom VC hardware) and many more. VideoMost conferences can be accessed using any standard browser, although the product also has desktop and iPad downloadable clients featuring additional functionality.
«The need for new value-added services is the main topic in today’s telecom world. With the decline of traditional voice service usage due to strong over-the-top and cloud offerings from VoIP and other internet companies, telecom and hosted service providers are looking for services that allow them to compete better.» said SPIRIT’s head of telcos relationships Alex Zakharov. «If a service provider wants to roll-out fast WebEx-like, high-margin, enterprise-focused web videoconferencing service, under its own brand and billing, in a secure and controlled way, from its own data center, VideoMost software licensing is the answer.»
New key features and benefits in VideoMost.com 2.0 include:
- Videoconferencing on the go with support for Apple’s iPad (the VideoMost client is downloadable in the App Store).
- Enhanced video quality with TeamSpirit® Voice&Video Engine 3.2 inside, supporting connections from 512 Kbps and providing up to 30 fps (frames per second) and 720p HD-quality for each participant.
- Broadcasting/Recording API, allowing the conference speaker to record and broadcast to an unlimited number of viewers/participants.
- SIP integration to support legacy videoconferencing SIP hardware endpoints (i.e., Tandberg and Polycom), including SIP-in/SIP-out calls from mobile and fixed phones to/from a conference.
- Support for LDAP and corporate controls with single authorization and corporate contact list support.
- Additional features: file sharing, recording, integration with emails and calendars, text chat.
- Support for all popular browsers, including the most recent versions of Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Opera.
- Debian 6, CentOS 5 and 6, RHEL 5 and 6 and Ubuntu support for the VideoMost server.
VideoMost is powered by SPIRIT’s TeamSpirit Conferencing Platform, delivering HD-quality scalable audio and scalable H.264SVC video of up to an unprecedented 1,000 concurrent video channels on a single standard $4000 PC server. VideoMost is uniquely universal, requiring no special hardware equipment to participate (just Internet access, a webcam, a mic and speakers or a headset) and no registration, allowing participants anywhere to start conferencing instantly.
Zakharov continued, «The corporate acceptance of mass-market desktop and mobile videoconferencing is phenomenal. This is partially the inevitable consequence of Moore’s Law, decreased bandwidth costs, the BYOD office trend and evident cost/time saving benefits, along with a large penetration of consumer video calling. What we offer is a sophisticated technology that accumulates more than 10 years of our expertise in scalable, HD and error-resilient VVoIP that ensures truly high audio/video quality, even in best-effort networks that have no QoS. Whether it’s a quad core machine, or iPad, users always get the best quality, with no need for the infrastructure to support heavy and costly servers for media transcoding.»
SPIRIT DSP is the world’s top voice and video over IP engines provider. SPIRIT’s innovative carrier-grade voice and video software platform allows carriers, OEMs and software developers to deliver superior quality and integrated voice and video over IP services for telcos, cable and mobile service providers, enterprises, internet portals and social networks. More than 200+ million channels in 80+ countries are based on SPIRIT’s platforms. SPIRIT software platforms power popular products from Apple, Adobe, ARM, AT&T, Blizzard, BT, China Mobile, Cisco, Ericsson, HP, HTC, Huawei, KT, Kyocera, LG U+, Microsoft, NEC, Oracle, Polycom, Radvision, Samsung, Skype, Texas Instruments, Toshiba, Veraz, Viber, ZTE, among 250+ others. SPIRIT’s direct OEM customers jointly exceed 60 percent of the global smartphone market share. VideoMost.com is the SPIRIT spin-off for multipoint video-web-conferencing service. For more information, visit www.spiritdsp.com.